Friday, July 2, 2010

Isabel Signs With Yankees

George Isabel,who just finished his junior year at Northwood University signed a minor league contract today with the New York Yankees. Isabel was in the Dominican Republic when he was offered a free agent contract and accepted.
Isabel, a Manhattan, NY native and transfer from Garden City Community College, had a good year for the Knights.

3.83 ERA 40 IP 48 K's .181 OBA

Isabel's year is best summed up as "constant improvement." After a rocky start, he was able to persevere through major mechanical changes. Through very hard work and dedication to improvement he was able to realize his childhood dream. "I don't know how many times I've heard people talk about my potential and I feel like today I took a huge step in reaching that potential I thought at times was unreachable," said Isabel.



Isabel is the second Knight to be recently signed by a New York team as former Knight RJ Harris was drafted in the 14th round a year ago by the New York Mets.